Tuesday, March 6

What a difference a year makes...

When I look back over my posts from March of 2011 until now, I can't help but feel like this- What a difference a year makes. I see my sweet niece who is now almost 2. At her photo shoot a year ago, she was barely walking, now she's running. She had short hair, now it's long. She now calls me "tachel" and tells me (AND OTHERS) that I'm her favorite. She is different a year later. I look at the post about moving on, and see that I didn't. I didn't apply to graduate school, I didn't apply for a new job, I didn't move on from anything. And that's different for me. While I have been with my agency since 2007, I only stayed in a position for a year before I moved onto another position. I have been in my current position for almost two years.  That's different. Last year, I completed 20 adoptions and this year I've only done three. That's different.

What a difference a year makes.

Life changes. We change. Our relationships and friendships change. But God is unchangeable. He is the same today as He was a year ago. And so since we know He works ALL things together for our good, we can trust that our changes are really only movement forward in His plan for us. One of my favorite phrases right now about my God is this: "He knows the end from the beginning". When I think of this, I think of a famous author who is sitting down to write his next best seller. He sits down, and knows what will happen to his main character on the last page of the book. Knowing the future, helps him decide the steps in the present. I need to draw closer to my "famous author" who knows my future so that He can direct my steps in the present.

"Now may God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and HE WILL DO IT." 1st Thessalonians 4:23-24

  Love, Mrs. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment