Saturday, May 7

Thoughts on Airmen

My husbands good friend Dennis joined the United States Airforce upon graduation from college. Throughout his college career, he spent countless hours honing his skills and he is now a wonderful musician. His instrument of choice is piano, although he's also an accomplished trumpeter as well. When he enlisted in the USAF, he became a member of one of their bands. Now, some of you, like myself, may not know that each branch of the military has bandS. I capatilaize the S because I knew each branch had one band. But I had NO idea how many there were!!!!  Dennis, is a member of USAF Band of the West. Other USAF bands include:

 Band of Liberty
Heritage of America
Heartland of America
Band of Mid America

The concert featured USAF Band of the West, Jazz Band, whose name is Dimensions in Blue. It was pretty great. They had a singer accompany them on some of the songs, such as God Bless America and Amazing Grace. They mainly played jazz songs/standards, but did intermix a few patriotic songs.  For more information on the concert go see my husbands blog!

Here's a pic of me and Senior Airman Dennis Lambert!





Check out these bands and go support them!!!!!



Love, Mrs. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment